Wisdom teeth, also known as third molars, usually develop in the late teenage years or early twenties. However, not everyone’s wisdom teeth cause problems. Some people’s wisdom teeth erupt and grow normally without causing any issues, while others may experience pain, infection, and other complications.
Here are some signs that your wisdom teeth may need to be extracted:
- Pain and discomfort: If you experience pain, tenderness, or discomfort in the back of your mouth, it could be a sign that your wisdom teeth are causing problems. This pain can be caused by the tooth pushing against the surrounding teeth, gums, or jawbone.
- Swelling and inflammation: If you notice swelling or inflammation in the gums around your wisdom teeth, it may be a sign of infection or gum disease. These conditions can be caused by bacteria and food particles getting trapped between the teeth, which can lead to infection and inflammation.
- Crowding of teeth: Sometimes, there isn’t enough space in your mouth for your wisdom teeth to come in. This can cause the teeth to push against the surrounding teeth, leading to crowding, shifting, and misalignment of teeth. If you notice that your teeth are becoming crowded, it may be time to consider having your wisdom teeth removed.
- Difficulty chewing and swallowing: If your wisdom teeth are causing pain or discomfort when you eat, it may be time to consider extraction. Additionally, if you have difficulty swallowing or experience discomfort in your throat, it could be a sign that your wisdom teeth are causing problems.
- Decay and cavities: Wisdom teeth are located at the back of the mouth, which makes them more difficult to clean properly. As a result, wisdom teeth are more susceptible to decay and cavities. If your dentist notices decay or cavities in your wisdom teeth, extraction may be necessary.
If you experience any of these symptoms, it’s important to see your dentist or oral surgeon. They can evaluate your wisdom teeth and recommend the best course of treatment. In some cases, extraction may be necessary to prevent further complications and improve your overall oral health.
Looking for best dentist in Islamabad contact CDDC Dental clinic in Islamabad.
Dentist in Islamabad